The list goes on and on.
Not only the list of anecdotes, but the list of names whom I classify as being anecdotic. One thing for sure, I’m not alone. My late and dear friend, Margie was one. I have more than one page of anecdotes (hand-written) that she would mail to me from time to time. When she or I heard “different” ones, we kept a list, mailing them back and forth. We called them “Add To’s”.
I’m pretty sure my pastor’s name could be added to the list. Proof of many of his anecdotes are written in my Bible; along with references used in his past sermons.
Below are 20 of “our” anecdotes I’d like to share with you.
1. Growl all day and you’ll feel dog tired all night.
2. Good, better, best…never let it rest, until the good is better and the better, best.
3. Leaders are like eagles, they don’t flock, you find them one at a time.
4. People who never make mistakes, must get tired of doing nothing.
5. Let every person be swift to hear and slow to speak.
6. The road to success is always under construction.
7. A smile, it costs nothing but creates much, it’s over in a flash, but the memory lasts forever.
8. You can’t throw mud without getting some on yourself.
9. Don’t wait for your ship to come in…row out to meet it.
10. A candle loses nothing of it’s light by lighting others.
11. Failure is success if we learn from it.
12. Leave everything a little better than you found it.
13. Happiness is an inside job.
14. Praise in public, criticize in private.
15. Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday, but not nearly enough.
16. The only people who know how to raise children are the ones who’ve never had any.
17. To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
18. The best medicine for making friends is…B1.
19. Remember every cloud has a silver lining & sometimes a bolt of lightning.
20. Ulcers can’t grow while you’re laughing.