Rat Rods, Hot Rods, Muscle Cars and more, they all came out for the big show Saturday, the 27th Annual Greenwood Open Car Show on the square. Even the helicopter came this year to provide an incredible view of the nearly 200 vehicles from above, never seen before in Greenwood on a sunshine filled day, perfect for exhibitors and thousands of impressed visitors.
Competition for the Top 75 awards was intense this year with so many outstanding entries that has come to be expected at the Greenwood show. After recognizing the Top 75 vehicles for 2014, owners were awarded their trophies and congratulations for their impressive vehicles.
The Greenwood 2014 Best of Show awards were presented to:
- Dusty Cox, Fort Smith, 1955 Chevy Bel Air, J. Pauley Toyota Best of Show- Car
- Terry Eagle, Van Buren, 1950 Chevy Pickup, Tyler Auto Best of Show-Truck
- Johnny Ballard, Sallisaw, OK 1941 Ford, First National Bank Best of Show-Rat Rod
- Clair Diller, Wagoner, OK 1934 Delivery Sedan, Rick’s Used Auto Parts Best Interior
- Danny Gushing, Fort Smith, 1964 Chevy Corvette, Copperhead Engine & Performance Best Engine
- Larry Goines, Cameron, OK 1956 Ford F-100, Dr. Rick Hittner DVM Best Paint
This year’s Grand Prize winners of a Chevy 350 engine provided by Rick’s Used Auto Parts and Copperhead Engine and Performance was Bob & Celeste McClellan, Van Buren. Another lucky winner was presented with a certificate for a transmission provided by Philpot’s Complete Car Care.
The car show committee would like to thank all of our sponsors of the 2014 show, the
City of Greenwood, all of the Greenwood City Departments that help making the show possible, Sebastian County, First Baptist Church and all the local car enthusiast that attended the show. Additional advertising and promotion for this year’s show was provided by the Greenwood A&P Commission. We appreciate the Greenwood Chamber of Commerce helping with the show again this year.
Proceeds from the car show will be used for donations to the Community Clearing House, Kid’s Back Pack program; two scholarships will be awarded to Greenwood high school seniors, the Greenwood Merchant’s Association and other local charities.
And a special thank you to the 27th Annual Car Show committee for making the show a huge success for last three years. Pictures from the show courtesy of Bob Dyer and LaDonna Locklear. Additional information can be seen at www.greenwoodarcarshow.com.